The new tax year usually heralds changes and this year is no exception, as April sees an increase in both the Living Wage and contribution rates for workplace pensions. These changes affect employers, employees and, of course, 24-7 Staffing.
Living Wage and pensions contribution changes
From April, for those aged 25 and over, the Living Wage rises from £7.83 to £8.21 per hour. We’re proud to say that when the Living Wage was introduced we took the decision not to discriminate against any of our candidates on the basis of their age, in line with our equality and diversity policy. This means, we will be paying at least this hourly rate to all our staff and candidates.
We include our candidates, because in April 2016 we moved all our temporary staff who we place with clients on to PAYE – as a responsible employer, we felt this was the right thing to do, and was a move that gives all our staff and candidates full employment rights.
Also from April, the contributions that employers and employees make into their workplace pension scheme is increasing. From April, the employer pension contribution will increase from 2% to 3% and the employee contribution increases from 3% to 5%.
Being a responsible employer
As well as treating all our staff equally with regards to the Living Wage and employment position, we like to think there are one or two other reasons why ours is a great place to work.
- We believe in people power and provide individual training and career development plans for all our staff.
- We encourage continual professional development for the team and professional membership fees are paid by the company to support this.
- We offer an attractive bonus package for our recruitment consultants, with clear attainment guidelines, which provide unlimited earning potential.
- We offer structured career progression.
On top of this, our staff enjoy:
- 28 days’ holiday with an additional two days holiday after two years’ service followed by an extra day for each year up to five years’ service
- Red letter day performance league to reward productivity and encourage healthy competition among colleagues
- Axa Healthcare cashback scheme, which allows our team to claim back money for a range of healthcare-related treatments such as dentist, eye care, physiotherapy or hospitalisation.
There are team building events throughout the year and we get involved in charitable fundraising activities - staff can apply annually for time off to support a charity of their choice.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team and offer a £250 referral fee for new internal employees.