One of the UK’s leading waste and resource management companies are looking for both Class 1 and 2 drivers with roro experience. Their approach is to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in a landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.This is a likely to be a 12-16 week temporary to permanent position for the right candidate with hours worked to be confirmed.
Our client became the company they are today in 2012 when 2 separate companies (both parts of the global infrastructure, environmental services, and energy group) came together under a new brand. They employ nearly 2,200 people across the UK and operate a range of waste management sites including material recycling facilities (MRF), energy from waste (EfW) plants and landfill sites.Each year they recycle 1 million tonnes of waste and generate more than 44MW of green energy
• Essential that you make visual checks of the vehicle to check for any obvious damage, incorrect tyre pressures, and tyre tread, this is to be reported if in any doubt.
• Working in a safe manner - to follow company policy and procedures for Health and Safety, security and accident prevention at all times
• Efficient, careful driving to keep in line with the focus of the green energy.
• Complying with local legislative requirements & company/customer policies and procedures
• To have the ability to receive instructions and carry out duties required.
To be successful in the role you will need:
• Have previously worked as a Class 1 or 2 Driver, C+E/Cat C, Ro-ro Driver, Roll on Roll off, Waste solutions driver.
• A Valid HGV Licence with no more than 6 points, Driver Card and Driver Qualification Card.
• Previous knowledge and experience in the waste industry including Roro (Roll on, Roll off) experience.
• A polite and friendly manner with all individuals throughout the working day.
• To be punctual and reliable at all time and therefore building trust and confidence.
• We offer a full PAYE package for drivers
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Company pension scheme on agency
• Personal consultant
• Uncapped paid referral scheme
• Other company rewards and schemes throughout the year
We have various roles available in this sector and others if you would like to talk with one of our personal consultants either about this role or others which we may have that is suitable for you please don’t hesitate to contact us.