24-7 Staffing is a successful independent recruitment business established in 2004 specialising in the supply of high quality temporary and permanent candidates in the Driving, Industrial, Healthcare and Commercial sectors with three offices in Chippenham, Salisbury and Bristol.
A new opportunity has arisen at our Chippenham Head Office for an Assistant Accountant Apprentice working towards their AAT Qualification.
The successful candidate will provide support to achieve accurate financial information, including payroll, timely payment of invoices, receipt of income, a management of cash, maintenance of the leger and confidential treatment of information. You will be attending college one day a week during term time to achieve your AAT qualifications through a level 3 advanced accouting apprenticeship.
The role’s training and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Timesheets:- input and processing
- Payroll:- weekly payroll, employee set up and checks
- Purchase ledger:- input invoices and create payments
- Sales ledger:- create invoices and obtain PO numbers
- Cash management – reconciling petty cash, VAT returns
- Management information:- balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, prepare weekly MI reports
- To undertake other duties within the general nature of the post.
- To undertake any further training as identified in the College review procedures.
- To participate fully in Quality Procedures.
- Ensure that safe working practices are followed in respect of any Risk Assessment control measures.
- To comply with the Company’s Data Protection Policy
- To comply with Company’s Health and Safety policies and take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- To engage in continuous training and development.
- To undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time and review this Job Description.
- Experience and interest in accounts
- Keen to pursue career in accounting
- Experience of working under pressure in a busy office environment
- The ability to manage and take responsibility for personal job-related priorities
- The ability to carry out administrative tasks accurately
- A flexible approach to work requirements
Desired Personal Qualities:
- A high level of both oral and written communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with people at all levels.
- The ability to respond quickly and flexibly to changing requirements and demonstrate initiative.
- Prepared to be reliable in relation to working hours.
- Willing to undergo appropriate training relevant to the job role.
- The ability to work as part of a team and establish and maintain good working relationships.
- An excellent customer service focussed approach to the job role
- Applicants must have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above, or Functional Skills equivalent.
May lead to permanent employment for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship, or to progression to Level 4 Accountancy Apprenticeship.
Find out more about our employee benefits scheme here: https://www.24-7staffing.co.uk/about-us/employee-benefits