24-7 Staffing are proud to be working in partnership with MJ Church who have a long-term vacancy to join their team working in a busy environment as a Quantity Surveyor.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a successful, civil engineering family run business that has been operating on a large scale for over 30 years.
The Company is focused on providing a quality of service to the highest professional standards, placing great emphasis on building strong, trusting and long-lasting relationships with their clients. With a large proportion their business stemming from repeat enquiries from satisfied clients; they only look to continue to grow and expand in this manner.
It is as a result to this sustained growth that they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and eager to learn assistant Quantity Surveyor to join and strengthen their team.
Your duties will include, though not limited to:
- Preparing enquiries, analysing tenders, negotiating and managing allocated sub-contractor accounts – to include orders, payments & final accounts in accordance with company procedures
- Preparing and assisting with enquiries, quotations and ordering of materials including reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment
- Measurement from drawings and on site
- All commercial aspects on small value schemes
- Identifying, valuing, assisting, backing up for items of change, e.g. variations, CEs, claims, etc
- Assisting and preparation of subcontractor accruals
- Visiting site and liaising with the employers’ team
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly and monthly internal project reports
- Assisting the commercial team with their day to day tasks
- Compiling schedules of materials, plant, labour, valuations, invoices, material / subcontract orders, etc
- Being proactive in self-development and professional qualifications
- Carrying out subcontractor performance reviews on allocated sub-contractors
- Complying with company procedures and processes
The Successful candidate will:
- Be in the process of studying towards or have an HNC or degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Subcontractor or main contractor background
- Experience of groundworks, civil engineering or earthworks