My client is currently seeking an experienced Audit and Accounts Senior who is able to provide a comprehensive and customer focussed client service for a range of accounting and auditing activities, supporting the organisation to achieve the goals as laid out in the business plan.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring that clients receive an appropriate level of service to meet their business needs by:
- Maintaining a productive relationship with key clients, maintaining regular contact, dealing with any specific queries or problems using available specialist skills and knowledge as required
- Analysing, interpreting and auditing the range of data supplied by clients, checking for any missing information and conducting detailed investigations to determine anything that does not tally or has been incorrectly recorded or processed, resolving the matter in the most appropriate manner
- Producing draft year end and management accounts from a wide variety of data with clear neat working papers to reflect the accounts produced and ensuring clear cross-referencing
- Completing basic tax computations
- Completing detailed schedules for each set of accounts to ensure the analysis is correct and logical as required
- Identify any problems with information provided by the client and discuss with the client accordingly
- Composing correspondence to clients, tax office, registrar of companies and others
- Produce accounts/tables/schedules/letter to expected standards using Word, IRIS, and Excel
- Working with the department manager, plan and prioritise work according to client and partner needs, deadlines and requirements providing information for billing purposes
- Providing coaching, feedback and support to junior members of the team, using knowledge and experience to suggest different approaches that could be taken
- Delegate work to junior team members ensuring their understanding, explaining priorities and providing constructive feedback on work completed
- Providing feedback to partners on business and any other concerns to ensure that they are fully aware of any issues
- Being proactive in identifying opportunities for the provision of additional services
- Generating new ideas and approaches to client concerns or issues
- Actively supporting all sales, promotional, marketing and networking activities of the organisation either to current clients or targets.
Education & Qualifications
- Qualified/part qualified ACA/ACCA or qualified by experience.
Experience & Knowledge
- Acting as an audit senior.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Use of Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Dealing with owner managed businesses.
- Experience of charity or pension audits
- Managing junior staff while out on audit.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Use of Xero / QBO
- Use of Iris practice software
Skills & Abilities
- Effective communication skills - telephone, emails, letters, reports
- Good customer care skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines - planning, diary management, department systems set up and maintenance
- Interpersonal skills - able to build relationships both internally and with clients
Disposition & Attitude
- Positive and outgoing
- Self sufficient when necessary and able to work alone for periods of time
- Pro-active and willing to take responsibility for own areas of work - not waiting to be asked to undertake key responsibilities
- Tact and diplomacy - able to explain issues to colleagues, partners & clients
- Organised, methodical, detail conscious
- Self confident and able to demonstrate effective use of personal judgement
- Flexibility - able to deal with changing priorities, deadlines and circumstances, willing to work with others
- Discreet and confidential - able to stand their ground where necessary regarding queries from others
- Creative - ideas to assist in meeting client expectations