Are you a driver who likes the open road and the countryside? Do you like being your own boss? If you answer yes to these questions, then this job may be right for you.
We are looking for a C+E driver who enjoys working alone and using their own initiative to play an important part in the wastewater recycling process. Not only will you enjoy time driving around the open countryside you may even visit places you never even knew existed. On top of this full training is provided for our candidates on the safe operational use of tankers and the procedures that go with this. Whilst also being a great opportunity to work for a leading utility company, you will get a good salary, holiday pay, pension, and performance-based commission.
40-50 Hours per week generally Monday to Friday 06:00 starts.
• We offer a full PAYE package which includes a salary of £11ph and Bank Holidays £20ph - Weekly Pay
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Company pension scheme
• Performance related commission (after 3 months) for all HGV 1 drivers
• Ongoing training and support
• Uncapped paid referral scheme
• Uniform provided
• Other company rewards and schemes throughout the year
• To transport and deliver sludge from various locations throughout the South West which includes the safe loading and unloading (Full training will be offered)
• Working in a safe manner – to follow company policy and procedures for Health and Safety, security and accident prevention at all times.
• Using a handheld PDA scanner (Full training will be offered)
• Complying with local legislative requirements & customer policies and procedures
• To understand and comply with current EU driver’s hours and regulations along with working time directive
• Working within a physically demanding environment
• Interested in learning new skills as a sludge collection driver
As this job falls within EU driver’s hours and regulations we require you to have the correct category of licence, hold a digital tachograph and be up to date with your driver’s CPC, for insurance purpose we require that you have held your HGV Category on your licence for more than two years.
If you are interested in this role the first stage is to apply online by sending us your CV