Are you an HGV Class 1 driver who enjoys the open road and countryside, working alone and using your own initiative? We are currently seeking Class 1 HGV, C+E drivers for temporary work to play an important part in one of the UK’s largest National Mail Delivery companies.
If you are, this is where you come in.
- As an HGV Class 1 driver, you will be responsible for transporting and delivering to various locations throughout the South and South West.
- To work in a safe manner and to follow company policy and procedures for Health and Safety, security and accident prevention at all times.
- Trunk runs to and from the client's base of operations.
- To be compliant with local legislative requirements & customer policies and procedures
- To understand and comply with current EU driver’s hours and regulations along with the working time directive
- Shift Patterns vary but the hours of work will be mainly afternoons/nights and weekends.
To be successful within this role you will need: -
- To be flexible and have a positive attitude towards the job – With a 24-hour operational need there is a requirement for days, nights and weekends to be worked (speak to us about your own availability)
- To work within a physically demanding environment
- No more than 6 points on license for insurance purposes
- For insurance purposes, we require that you have held your HGV Class 1 Category on your licence for more than two years.
- Must be willing to undergo the standard security vetting.
- A driver assessment will also be required.
- We offer a full PAYE package
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and support
- Uncapped paid referral scheme
- Uniform provided
- Other company rewards and schemes throughout the year