The UK's largest retailer of solid hardwood furniture are seeking a number of C1 Driver’s. This is a 12-week temporary to permanent position for the right candidate with hours worked Monday to Friday with 0600 starts, all they ask in return is a hardworking, polite individual.
Our client has over twenty years' experience in the UK furniture industry, rather than act as a wholesaler our client designs, sources and distributes large volumes of top quality hardwood products directly to the public and commercial hospitality industry which allows them to keep overheads down to a minimum. In turn, they pass on these savings to their customers which then allows for the highest quality products to be supplied at the lowest possible prices which presently is across approximately 350'000 orders a year. Currently, they employ over 650 devoted staff members panning across the whole spectrum of the business, from design and manufacture to aftercare and delivery, therefore as an individual, you will be a part of this expanding and exciting workforce.
- Essential that you make visual checks of the vehicle to check for any obvious damage, incorrect tyre pressures and tyre tread.
- It is the responsibility of the delivery crew to ensure that the items they load onto their vehicle are 100% correct and free from damage to ensure a smooth delivery day.
- Greeting the customer and ensuring the delivery process is completed at a satisfactory level.
- Complete all tasks in an efficient and professional manner
To be successful within the role you will need:
- Have previously worked as a C1 Driver, 7.5-ton Driver, Courier, Multidrop driver, Home delivery driver.
- A Valid C1 Licence with no more than 6 points, Driver Card and Driver Qualification Card.
- Minimal experience drivers welcome
- A polite and friendly manner
- To be punctual and reliable
- Be physically fit and happy with manual labour including working as part of a team and be hand on in all scenarios.
- We offer a full PAYE package for drivers
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and support
- Personal consultant
- Uncapped paid referral scheme
- Uniform provided
- Other company rewards and schemes throughout the year
We have various roles available in this sector and others if you would like to talk with one of our personal consultants either about this role or others which we may have that are suitable for you please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01454 313247 for our Bristol office, 01249 447247 Chippenham and 01980 742247 Amesbury.