Would you like to make a difference to the lives of our Elderly community?
You will be joining our friendly, caring team who provide residential and specialist dementia support with a person centred approach. This role is about giving residents the encouragement and support, so they can live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices.
Responsibilities may include:
- Support the residents to the highest standard and in line with their support plan, cultural needs and wishes
- Carry out all aspects of personal care when required including; nutritional and hygiene support, personal hygiene needs, etc.
- Assist and encourage residents to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities, according to the individual’s choice
- Build good relationships with residents to gain trust and create a comfortable living environment
- General support of residents to help achieve and maintain independence, promoting privacy and dignity
- Support residents with their health needs as required, e.g. administering medication
- Keep up to date and accurate records
- Minimum of three months experience within a care setting
- Be flexible to work a variety of shifts including long days, weekends, nights etc.
- Honest, trustworthy and polite, reliable, committed and responsible
- Be able to work independently when required
- Display a caring, compassionate, and empathetic nature
- Ability to communicate own needs and to recognise and communicate when unsure of other’s needs
- Be able to cope under pressure, remain calm and composed when faced with challenging situations
- Have a DBS dated within the last year or willingness to purchase one.
- 24-7 on-call service for emergencies
- ASAP start
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Weekly pay
- Free uniform
- Referral scheme
- Excellent rates of pay (including holiday pay)
- Possibilities of permanent job offers
- Free refresher training & induction
For more information regarding this vacancy, simply call us on 01249 447247 and speak to a member of our dedicated Healthcare team.