Our client, based in Marlborough, has a permanent (part-time) vacancy for a Charity Shop Assitant Manager.
The Charity operates 18 shops selling donated goods as part of its income generation strategy. Each shop has a manager who is a paid member of staff and is supported by volunteers.
This role assists the Shop Manager to achieve agreed sales targets to maximise income generation.
Permanent, part-time role (20.5 hours per week), there will be some weekend work.
Hourly Rate: £8.06
Job Role will involve the following duties
- Effectively manage and display stock in order to maximise footfall and sales.
- Contribute to the development of ideas for new promotions and other improvements to presentation and retail practice.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation relating to cash handling is processed and that all discrepancies are investigated and documented.
- Undertake daily till and safe reconciliation and banking.
- Attend all training courses and meetings as directed by the Shop Manager, relaying relevant information to all shop volunteers.
- Manage the housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Comply with Prospect’s Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable task as directed by the Head of Retail, Area Manager or Shop Manager as may be deemed appropriate within the scope of the job.
To be successful within the position you will need:
- An understanding of the Retail and Charity/Volunteer based sectors.
- Knowledge of the Trading Standards requirements in relation to the sale of goods and consumer rights.
- Hold, or be prepared to achieve, a current qualification or certificate in First Aid.
- Awareness of and compliance with the Health and Safety act legislation and requirements.
- Proven retail experience, including some supervision of staff, ideally gained within the Retail or Voluntary sectors.
- Experience in effective stock control management and product display design.
- Accurate cash management skills and effective shop security knowledge.
- Ability to create an excellent front of house impression for our customers.
- A team player, experienced in delivering accurate work on a timely basis in order to ensure team success.
- A flexible attitude with a desire to ensure that we provide an excellent service and plays a key part in that delivery.
If you are interested in this role then the first stage is to send us your CV online. This role has an immediate start for the right person.
For more information about this role please call 01249 447247 or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org