Our client, based in Marlborough, has a permanent vacancy for a Charity Shop Manager.
The Charity operates 18 shops selling donated goods as part of its income generation strategy. Each shop has a manager who is a paid member of staff and is supported by volunteers. Each Shop Manager is required to achieve, and where possible, exceed agreed sales targets to maximise income generation.
Permanent hours, 5 days on and 2 off. There will be weekend work.
Annual Salary: £17,534
Job Role will involve the following duties
- The key element will be to provide supervision and support to all shop volunteers.
- Ensuring compliance with Trading Standards and Health and Safety legislation, maintaining a safe environment for customers and volunteers.
- Effectively managing and displaying stock in order to maximise footfall and sales.
- Ensure adequate volunteer cover is in place during opening hours, managing a rota arrangement across all volunteers.
- Regularly liaise with the Area Manager on sales, stock levels and promotional ideas.
- As a member of the Shop Management Team, contribute to the development of ideas for new promotions and other improvements to presentation and retail practice.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation relating to cash handling is processed and that all discrepancies are investigated and documented.
- Undertake daily till and safe reconciliation and banking.
- Attend all training courses and meetings as directed by the Area Manager/Head of Retail, relaying relevant information to all shop volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers and provide induction and on the job training of all volunteers to the proficient level.
To be successful within the position you will need:
- An understanding of the Retail and Charity/Volunteer based sectors.
- Knowledge of the Trading Standards requirements in relation to the sale of goods and consumer rights.
- Hold, or be prepared to achieve, a current qualification or certificate in First Aid.
- Awareness of and compliance with the Health and Safety act legislation and requirements.
- Proven line management experience, ideally gained within the Retail or Voluntary sectors.
- Experience of effective stock control management and product display design.
- Accurate cash management skills and effective shop security knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills, including customer service and relationship management.
- Effective time management and organisation/planning skills in order to prioritise a varied workload in a busy environment.
- Excellent “team player” in order to provide support to volunteers and colleagues.
- The ability to create an excellent front of house impression for our customers.
- A flexible attitude with a desire to ensure that we provide an excellent service and plays a key part in that delivery.
If you are interested in this role then the first stage is to send us your CV online. This role has an immediate start for the right person.
For more information about this role please call 01249 447247 or forward your cv to email@example.com