Our Client is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, they work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through their supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, they put their customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Their people are at the core of their business and what makes them great. That’s why they provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that their continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Driver to join their successful team working Tuesday to Saturday in Southampton.
- Drive Company vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and proper manner in accordance with Company Policies, procedures and legislation.
- Provide a professional driving service, to meet and exceed expectations of our customers ensuring customer service level agreements are maintained.
- To ensure the customer receives their deliveries in excellent condition every time.
- To interact with customers, building rapport and ensuring a consistent positive message.
- To deliver customers' product/s to the room of choice in a safe and efficient manner.
- Carry out vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks prior to the operation of any vehicle, reporting any defects immediately.
- On return to base, report to site for full debrief and report any exceptions in a timely manner.
The role also involves heavy lifting, transporting products into customers' homes.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Category C Driving Licence
- Experience of driving commercial vehicles
- Knowledge of driving legislation
Our Client really values their people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make our client a great place to work!