To ensure that deliveries are carried out efficiently and without delay in accordance with company requirements using a Class 2 HIAB vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To adopt a courteous, polite and helpful attitude towards all customers and company personnel.
- To follow the most economic route, particularly when making multiple deliveries, whilst being mindful of customer specific demands and expectations.
- To assist, where practically necessary in the loading of the vehicle allocated to you in order to hasten the loading procedure and subsequent departure from the yard.
- To ensure that the loads carried are within the axle weight tolerance of the vehicle being driven and at all times within the legal requirements.
- To proceed only to the nearest Company or public weighbridge when there is doubt about being within the vehicle’s legal weigh limits.
- To ensure that loads being carried are safe and secure and that any necessary sheeting and roping is carried out in a professional manner.
- To be smartly turned out and where company protective clothing and footwear as supplied.
Skills / Experience
- Hold clean LGV licence (Class 2) with HIAB experience.
- Knowledge and skill in operating large goods vehicle and preferably HIAB experience.
- Customer Focused - establishes good working relationships with people and provides a customer focused service, maintaining high customer service levels.
- Prepared to undertake manual tasks where necessary, including an element of physically demanding tasks on occasions if required to collect / transfer loads.
- Responsible for the careful use and cleanliness of company vehicle.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised and alone.
- Ability to read and follow schedules and directions and to read a map and organise most effective route, taking into consideration customer requirements and cost.
- Effective communication skills to provide regular updates re delays, non-deliveries etc and relay this back to the office by mobile phone.
- Planning and prioritising by exercising discretion regarding order of deliveries and re-scheduling in the event of unexpected events or emergencies ie road closures, traffic problems.
- £9.50ph Salary
- 22 days holiday, increasing to 25 following one years full service by 1st January in any given year, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Purchase Scheme
- Free Parking and Uniform
This is a full time job which will initially start as a 12 week temp to perm, we are looking for someone for an immediate start. The first stage is to apply online by sending us your CV