Our client offers Family-run firm starting from humble beginnings, it started with small air shipments to Bermuda but now fly over 4 tonnes a week to the island where ex-pats and locals have developed a taste for our delicious range of British food products.They are seeking a Class 2 (Known Consignor) Driver to complete their working family. This is a temporary(standard 16 weeks) to permanent position with the ability to undertake on average 3 nights out a week, all they ask in return is a hard-working, polite individual looking for a long-lasting career.
Our client was formed as a small independent company which has grown and a view is to be a specialist in time-critical air shipments, land and sea: pallet/container loading, frozen/chilled/ambient warehousing and distribution, label customisation and value-adding services, bonded warehouse. Their combination of working immediately with suppliers and shippers enables them to offer the best of British and European food brands at very competitive prices. They deal directly with major food brands such as Rachel’s Organic, Nestle, Loch Fyne, Bearfeilds of London and Barber’s. They are are seeking forward-thinking, team player to join the work-family as a Class 2 (Known Consignor) Driver.
• Efficiently delivering frozen/chilled/ambient food around the country.
• Working in a safe manner – to follow company policy and produces for Health and Safety, Security and Accident prevention at all times.
• Representing the company in a professional manner at every opportunity.
• Key positive attitude to work with a nothing is too much trouble attitude.
• Working on your own and as part of a team to complete the task effectively.
To be successful in the role you will need:
• Have previously worked as/in a Class 2 Delivery Driver, CAT C, transportation, LGV, HGV, Fridges, Food industry, shipment, Known Consignor.
• A Valid Cat C Licence with no more than 6 points, CPC, Digi Tacho
• A qualified ‘Known Consignor’ and previous experience.
• To be punctual, reliable and leading by example
• A polite and respectful manner towards staff and customers
• Full training provided, new drivers welcome
• 28 days paid holiday when requested
• Personal friendly consultant
• Paid weekly
• Progression available
We have various roles available in this sector and others if you would like to talk with one of our personal consultants either about this particular role or others which we may have that is suitable for you please don’t hesitate to contact us.