The successful candidate will need to provide support and technical research to the Corporate Tax Manager on a wide range of corporate tax activities.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing support to the Corporate Tax Manager through answering technical queries and assisting with the provision of bespoke tax advice to the firm’s clients.
- Providing a research resource to the Corporate Tax Manager ensuring client needs are met and any legal or technical implications are highlighted.
- Assisting with business and corporate tax reviews for businesses prior to submission of tax computations.
- Assisting with responding to HMRC queries on business tax returns and obtaining any information required.
- Managing annual filing requirements relating to the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings regime and Employment Related Securities.
Ensuring that clients and internal stakeholders receive an excellent level of service to meet their needs by:
- Efficiently assisting with tax technical research and draft advice within the guidance and parameters set by the tax manager.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with all client service teams to ensure a seamless service is provided to the client.
- Composing correspondence to clients, HMRC and others with appropriate language and with the overriding aim of ensuring efficient and timely service for the client.
- Seeking to maintain very high standards of quality of service through support of the Corporate Tax Manager as well as in performing own assigned tasks.
- Identifying opportunities for the provision of additional services and advising the Corporate Tax Manager of these
Education & Qualifications
- Strong academic results.
- Ideally ATT qualified but those nearing completion of the qualification may be considered.
- Working towards (or interested in working towards) completion of the CTA qualification.
Experience & Knowledge
- 2-3 years’ experience.
- Exposure to varied corporation tax assignments.
- Relevant tax experience in:
- Professional Practices
- Manufacturing/R&D/Capital Allowances
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across a wide range of audiences.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Able to generate ideas to assist in meeting client expectations.
- Excellent prioritisation, time management and organisational skills. Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines.
- Ability to take a problem-solving approach – to analyse information and situations and generate reasoned and risk-based solutions.
Disposition & Attitude
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook.
- A clear focus on delivering a high-quality service.
- Credible and comfortable dealing with clients and other professionals.
- Reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Good communicator, able to see things from the other persons point of view.
- Able to get on with others and be a team player.
- Keen to develop through new experience, responsibility, and accountability.