Our client, a Chippenham based manufacturing company, has a vacancy for an Electrical Equipment Maintenance Engineer.
Could this position be for you?
Job Role will involve the following duties
- Maintaining and repairing all equipment required for production.
- Being familiar with the principles of fault-finding on equipment.
- Reading and understanding circuit schematic drawings.
- Performing calibrations and PM’s of the equipment.
- Operating fully within the guidelines for Health & Safety and emergency procedures, particularly those identified in the Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
To be successful within the role you will need: -
- An HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- To have served an apprenticeship in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Self-motivation, with a flexible attitude towards the role and equipment to meet continually changing demands.
- A good general understanding of mechanical engineering.
- An understanding of Risk Assessments, PURA and safe working practices.
- To possess a rudimental knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- A positive team attitude, with the added ability to work individually to get the work done.
- The ability to deal with changing priorities, and using your own initiative.
- To be able to communicate effectively at all levels, and update regularly the progress of open issues, also build relationships with all departments.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement & effectiveness of the Maintenance team.
- The desire to learn and understand the equipment, and strive for permanent effective repairs.
- To be PC literate, which includes closing off jobs effectively, and emails etc.
- Work occasional overtime if the need arises on critical equipment.
Benefits / Rewards: -
- Healthcare cash plan
- Life assurance (3 x salary) from day 1
- A full PAYE package
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- A contributory company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and support
For more information about this role please call 01249 447247 or forward your cv to email@example.com