Our client, a Chippenham based manufacturing company, has an exciting vacancy for an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer.
Could this position be for you?
Job Role will involve the following duties
- Implementation and operation of Environmental Health and Safety policy in accordance with ISO 18001 – ISO 18002.
- Maintaining Environmental, Health & Safety manuals and emergency procedures.
- EHS risk control management through risk assessments.
- Compilation and upholding a risk assessment register.
- Chairing EHS committee meetings.
- Preparation of EHS reports for enforcing authorities.
- Monitoring of EHS audit reports for compliance.
- Processing changes of procedures in order to achieve compliance.
- The upkeep of statutory records, registers and certificates.
- Internal auditing of the legal compliance register.
- Operating fully within the guidelines for Health & Safety and emergency procedures, particularly those identified in the Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
To be successful within the role you will need: -
- A NEBOSH qualification.
- IOSH Membership.
- NVQ Level 4 in Health and Safety.
- HNC in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, desirable but not essential.
- Have an understanding of Risk Assessments.
- To possess the ability to take a proactive approach, with strong influencing and communication skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of Environmental, Health & Safety legislations.
- To be self-motivated, with a flexible attitude towards the role.
- A positive team attitude with the added ability to work individually to get the work done.
- The ability to deal with changing priorities and use your own initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels & build relationships with all departments.
- Commit to the continuous improvement & effectiveness of the Quality team.
Benefits / Rewards:
- Dental and Physiotherapy cash plan
- Life assurance (3 x salary) from day 1
- A full PAYE package
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- A contributory company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and support
For more information about this role please call 01249 447247 or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org