Are you looking to make a difference in what can be a challenging environment? Then this role could be the one for you!
Our client is a care charity that strives to provide excellent standards of care and services to enhance the quality of life for adults with learning disabilities, dual diagnoses and challenging behaviours. We need experienced support workers to work had-hoc shifts supporting small groups of adults.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience supporting individuals with complex learning difficulties and challenging behaviour including training/experience of de-escalating challenging behaviour.
- Experience and training in epilepsy, medication administration.
- A full driving licence would be beneficial
- A flexible, positive attitude with a caring disposition
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
The role will include:
- Help with personal care and feeding
- Work on a 1-2-1 basis with some residents; take them shopping or to day centres
- You will be working with service users with challenging behaviour- with their permission, offer support and motivation
- Daily challenges to be dealt with as our service users can present with challenging behaviours.
- Ensuring that daily routines are completed and care plans are followed
- You will need to be able to follow instructions and implement the recommendations
Salary: up to £13.75 per hour
Please note that employment will be subject to excellent references and a DBS disclosure being obtained (an online registered DBS is acceptable).
Would suit experienced: support workers; care workers; HCA
Please apply now and we will get in touch with you.
For more information about this role call Michaela on 01454 313 247 or apply now and we will contact you!