24-7 Staffing has an opportunity for a Steel Yard / Workshop Assistant to join one of their valued clients based in Andover.
The Steel Yard / Workshop Assistant would assist the Steel team in both the workshop and in the yard with labour to enable qualified staff to give 100% of their time to fabrication and welding.
As a valued member of the team, you would be accountable to keep the yard and workshops clean, tidy and safe at all times in a manner consistent with our clients values. However occasionally situations will arise that require you to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested.
- Primer spraying finished steelwork products approx 50% of the time
- To competently load and unload steel deliveries and collections with counterbalance and side loader forklifts
- Keep yard and warehouse clean, tidy and safe
- Look for and suggest ways of improving current procedures or ways of operating
- Ideally you would have 1 years experience in the structural steel industry
- CSCS Card
- Forklift Licence (Nationally recognised)
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 07:30 - 17:00 with a pay rate of £8.15 per hour.
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes for this role then please contact Shane Stevens on 01980 742247. Immediate start for the right candidate.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.