24-7 Staffing are currently looking for a full time Grounds maintenence Operative for a company based in Thornbury who has responsibility for the maintenance of a number of sites within the town including the Mundy Playing Fields, Chantry Playing Field, Thornbury Cemetery, Thornbury Skate Park and five other play areas and open spaces.
This role involves keeping facilities free from litter and our changing rooms and toilets clean, as well as assisting with general grounds maintenance works such as grass mowing, watering, weeding and working in the cemetery. you will need to be able to adhere to all current and future Health and Safety requirements that are required to safely carry out the role. The work is carried out on a cyclical basis and is physically demanding and carried out in all weathers conditions.
1. Clearing Town Council maintained properties and other public areas of dropped litter.
2. Emptying of litter bins and safe disposal of their contents.
3. Cleaning of Council run public toilets and changing rooms.
4. Mowing of grass at Town Council maintained sites.
5. Inspection of play areas and pitches for safety and cleanliness.
6. Maintenance works in the cemetery and assisting with grave digging.
7. Locking and unlocking of buildings and facilities as required with responsibility for safeguarding keys and the security of property belonging to Thornbury Town Council.
8. Planting, maintenance and watering of floral displays and hanging baskets.
9. Identifying and noting the main areas of litter pollution within the town by visual inspection and to reporting any incidents of graffiti, vandalism or dog fouling to the Town Council office/supervisor.
10. Maintaining a weekly record of areas covered, cleaning carried out, problem areas found and hours worked.
11. Carrying out any other tasks that may be required by the Town Clerk commensurate with the role.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience necessary to meet the requirements of the role:
• Friendly, approachable and professional at all times while representing the Town Council.
• Ability to work as part of a small team and to perform designated tasks safely, accurately and efficiently.
• Experience of using a range of grounds maintenance tools, equipment and vehicles and the ability to adhere to all current and future Health and Safety requirements that are required to safely carry out the role and operate equipment.
• Ability to work independently using your own initiative and deal with matters as they arise.
• Ability to demonstrate pride in your work and in keeping community facilities to a high standard.
• Availability to work regular weekends and bank holidays as part of a rota.
• Good level of physical fitness.
• Full UK drivers licence.
• A generally ‘practical’ nature with the ability to turn your hand to a number of maintenance related tasks.
• A flexible ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to tackle any task.
• Previous experience in cleaning, property and/or grounds maintenance.
• Health and safety, property and grounds maintenance or play area inspection qualifications.
If you are interested in this position and would like more information, please call Megan on 01980 742247 or click "apply" now and I will be in contact!