24-7 Staffing are seeking an experienced Turner to produce ground support components to drawings and specifications for one of our clients based in the Yate area.
• Setting up tools and load materials onto lathe
• Carrying out machining of components
• Carrying out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level
• To work in conjunction with drawings and planning provided
• Meeting agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner
• Identifying and report drawing errors and suggest improvements
• Working with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives
• Making a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy
• Undertaking any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Workshop Manager/Supervisor
• Fully skilled time served engineer/tool maker with turning experience
• The Ability to work with metric and imperial drawings
• Experience of operating a Webster Bennet is an advantage
• Used to working to fine tolerances with ferrous and non-ferrous materials
• Ablility to use a wide variety of measuring equipment
• Able to work under own initiative
• Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach
• Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
• Eligible to work in UK
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the company.
- 37.5 hours a week – Monday to Friday.
- Start date: ASAP.
- Starting Salary: £27,000 per annum