Our client is a one of the region’s largest Civil Engineering, Earthworks and Waste Management Contractors in the South West, they are currently looking to recruit a ‘Shovel Driver’. This is a temporary positon with potential to progress to an permanent, with hours worked Monday to Friday as well as all training provided, all they ask in return is a hardworking, polite individual.
Established in the mid 70’s and incorporated as a private limited Company 10 years later, they are a leading performer within the sector and they constantly strive to improve their service to customers. They are currently looking for an individual to join the hard-working team as a Shovel Driver to embrace the company and their values.
- Responsible for driving a front-loading shove, loading materials into vehicles for transportation and dispatch as well as moving the material around site.
- Be compliant with driving/working regulations including vehicle checks and hours.
- Working in a safe manner – to follow company policy and produces for Health and Safety, Secruity and Accident prevention always, full site induction provided.
- Representing the company in a professional manner at every opportunity.
- Working on your own and as part of a team at times.
To be successful with in the role you will need:
- Have previously worked or experience as a Shovel Driver, waste management, Operator Ticket with Shovel/ 360 Loader, CITB, Construction
- Flexible approach to work
- A willingness to learn
- Always be punctual and in good time to start shifts
- No more than 6 active points on your license for insurance purposes
- We offer a full PAYE package for drivers with hourly rate from £11.00 - £15.00
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and support
- Uncapped paid referral scheme
- Uniform provided
- Other company rewards and schemes throughout the year
We have various roles available in this sector and others if you would like to talk with one of our personal consultants either about this role or others which we may have that are suitable for you please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01454 313247 for our Bristol office, 01249 447247 Chippenham and 01980 742247 Amesbury.