Located in Wiltshire, is a bespoke manufacturing company that specialises in gift packaging in the form of shredded paper, which is used to fill gift baskets, Christmas hampers and other similar items
Using bespoke industrial shredders, balers, paper sheeters, a guillotine and a dust extraction system. The set-up has been designed and is largely maintained by the company MD who is planning to retire. The requirement is for a multi-talented person to join their team, to learn from the MD & take over the maintenance, servicing & general trouble shooting demands that a production centre produces. Being a small business, it would be understood that the person employed would also undertake production duties.
There will be an opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the organisation.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- An affinity with machinery
- Mechanical knowledge
- Electrical knowledge
- Low level engineering
- An eye for detail
- Ability to solve technical issues
Desired personal attributes:
- Be a team worker whilst maintaining the ability to think independently.
- A willingness to help
- An ability to stay calm under pressure & deal with frustration
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to adapt working hours to deal with any mechanical issues so as to minimise lost production time
The job will involve handling machinery parts, adjusting, dismantling & rebuilding.
Production duties will involve lifting, packing, shredding and baling
It would be an advantage if the person held a fork lift driver’s license.
The Production Technician will report to the Production Manager.
- Monday to Friday general working hours
- £22.000 - £24.000 per annum
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and support
- Opportunity to grow within the company
The position is available with immediate effect.