24-7 Staffing are proud to be working in partnership with MJ Church who have a long-term vacancy to join their team working in a busy environment as a Quantity Surveyor.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a successful, civil engineering family run business that has been operating on a large scale for over 30 years.
The Company is focused on providing a quality of service to the highest professional standards, placing great emphasis on building strong, trusting and long-lasting relationships with their clients. With a large proportion their business stemming from repeat enquiries from satisfied clients; they only look to continue to grow and expand in this manner.
It is as a result to this sustained growth that they are looking to recruit an experienced and pro-active Quantity Surveyor to join their thriving team.
Hours of work: Monday- Friday, 8am- 530pm
Your duties will include, though not limited to:
- Preparation and agreement of applications for payment for single / multiple jobs £10k - £3 million
- Preparation of weekly and monthly internal project reports
- Supply chain management: from enquiry to final account including performance reviews
- Identifying, valuing and presentation of change items; e.g. variations, CEs, claims, EWNs, etc
- Cost capture, allocation of costs, accruals, subcontract liabilities
- Contract management
- Material enquiries, quotations and ordering of materials including reconciliations
- To ensure all notifications/ documents are kept up to date & submitted in a timely manner
- Ensure all safety risk situations are brought to the attention of management
- Liaison with site team, subcontractor(s) and clients’ representative(s) and attend site meetings
- Provide contractual advice to the site team as and when required
- Be proactive in self-development and professional qualifications
- Comply with company procedures and processes
The successful candidate will:
- Have a relevant HNC or degree in quantity surveying or similar
- Have at least 2 years post-graduation experience
- Subcontracting/ contracting experience in groundworks, civil engineering or earthworks preferred