Are you currently looking for work and enjoy working outside and like to keep active through walking. If so then working for a local recycling company individually, or as a member of a team, may be right for you. You will be required to assist our recycling collection service for the residents and businesses throughout Wiltshire.
- To collect containers of all types including Paladin Bins, Wheelie Bins, recycling boxes and sacks from domestic or trade properties and load into the refuse vehicle
- To empty the contents of containers into the vehicle, using mechanical lifting equipment
- To return containers to the Boundary or designated spot after emptying
- To use lifting equipment on vehicles and subsequently operate such equipment
- Where applicable, to collect plastic sacks or refuse contained in suitable containers or other items as determined by the Area Street Care Officer and to load them onto refuse vehicles.
- To deliver leaflets as periodically required
- To be responsible for own safety and not endangering that of colleagues, others in the work place and the general public. To ensure that the duties undertaken within the post holders’ area/responsibility are carried out in accordance with the Council’s policies under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To work in accordance with any safety instructions issued by the Area Street Care Officer or the Operations Manager and to ensure all accidents/incidents and other potential dangers are reported to the driver or supervisor
- To assist the driver in cleansing of refuse collection vehicles as required
- To undertake other similar duties which may be required from time to time
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be flexible and have a positive attitude towards the job - there are some last minute requirements
- To work within a physically demanding environment
Benefits / Rewards:
- £7.20 per hour rising to £7.66 per hour after 13 weeks
- Up to 28 days paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly pay
- Uncapped paid referral scheme
- Ongoing training and support
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.