Are you looking for a rewarding but challenging career, where no two days are the same?
Are you passionate about making a difference to young people’s lives?
Do you want to work in a strong, fun and friendly team?
24-7 Staffing are looking for positive people who are willing to open their hearts, emotionally invest and provide a high standard of care to children who have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and trauma, using trauma informed practices which are embedded within the client’s culture.
Our client provides 24-hour support, 365 days per year therefore, you must be able to work a mixture of shifts, including weekends and sleep-ins. You need to be able to commit to the sleep in shifts between 2-3 per week.
About the role:
- As a Residential Child Care Worker, you will be attentive to the young person’s needs, support the emotional, mental and physical health needs, including repairing earlier damage to self-esteem and encouraging friendships.
- Our Client provides a safe and stimulating environment in high-quality buildings, with spaces that support nurture and allow privacy; as well as common spaces and spaces to be active in a home from home family setting.
- As a Residential Child Care Worker, you will be working within a supportive and experienced team; you will also be working alongside professionals and with children’s families.
- Each of the children is treated as an individual and their voice is heard, through trauma informed practices our Client is able to offer them a full supported range of services, with education, therapy if required our Client really does put the children in the heart of everything they do.
- You must be over the age of 19
- You must have a Full UK Driving licence
- You must have a passion for working with children
- You do not need experience as full training is provided (although experience within a childcare setting is desirable)
- You must be able to commit to 2-3 sleep-ins per week
- You must be flexible and understanding; the service is open all year round and you may be expected to go on holiday with the children and work over Christmas to make their memories special
- You must be committed to ongoing professional development and achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People Workforce
- Free DBS
- Quality robust training
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday pay
- Healthcare scheme
- Discounts in many high street shops
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee assistant programme