Are you looking for a rewarding but challenging career, where no two days are the same?
Are you passionate about making a difference to young people’s lives?
Do you want to work in a strong, fun and friendly team?
24-7 Staffing are looking for positive people who are willing to open their hearts, emotionally invest and provide a high standard of care to children who have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and trauma, using trauma informed practices which are embedded within the client’s culture.
Our client is based in the Salisbury area; and provides 24-hour support, 365 days per year therefore, you must be able to work a mixture of shifts, including weekends and sleep-ins. You need to be able to commit to the sleep in shifts between 2-3 per week.
About the role:
- As a Residential Child Care Worker, you will be attentive to the young person’s needs, support the emotional, mental and physical health needs, including repairing earlier damage to self-esteem and encouraging friendships.
- Our Client provides a safe and stimulating environment in high-quality buildings, with spaces that support nurture and allow privacy; as well as common spaces and spaces to be active in a home from home family setting.
- As a Residential Child Care Worker, you will be working within a supportive and experienced team; you will also be working alongside professionals and with children’s families.
- Each of the children is treated as an individual and their voice is heard, through trauma informed practices our Client is able to offer them a full supported range of services, with education, therapy if required our Client really does put the children in the heart of everything they do.
- You must be over the age of 19
- You must have a Full UK Driving licence
- You must have a passion for working with children
- You do not need experience as full training is provided (although experience within a childcare setting is desirable)
- You must be able to commit to 2-3 sleep-ins per week
- You must be flexible and understanding; the service is open all year round and you may be expected to go on holiday with the children and work over Christmas to make their memories special
- You must be committed to ongoing professional development and achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People Workforce
- Free DBS
- Quality robust training
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday pay
- Healthcare scheme
- Discounts in many high street shops
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee assistant programme