Are you a good team worker with a passion for making a difference to young people’s lives?
Are you resilient, motivated and understanding?
Do you want to work in a supportive, fun and friendly team?
24-7 Staffing are looking for a Team Leader for a Residential Children’s Home in Salisbury. As a Team Leader, you will be leading shifts and be a good role model for the children and for colleagues.
We are looking for positive people who are willing to open their hearts, emotionally invest. You will be providing a high standard of care to children who have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and trauma, using trauma informed practices which are embedded within the client’s culture.
Our client provides 24-hour support, 365 days per year therefore, you must be able to work a mixture of shifts, including weekends and sleep-ins. You need to be able to commit to the sleep in shifts between 2-3 per week.
About the role:
- As a Residential Child Care Team Leader, you will be attentive to the young person’s needs, support the emotional, mental and physical health needs, including repairing earlier damage to self-esteem and encouraging friendships.
- Residential care should also provide a safe and stimulating environment in high-quality buildings, with spaces that support nurture and allow privacy; as well as common spaces and spaces to be active.
- As a Residential Child Care Team Leader, you will support the home in attaining its legislative requirements (Children’s Homes Regulations 2015, Ofsted, etc). Also., you will be working within a supportive and experienced team; and working alongside professionals and with children’s families.
- Each of the children is treated as an individual and their voice is heard, through trauma informed practices our Client is able to offer them a full supported range of services, with education, therapy if required our Client really does put the children in the heart of everything they do.
- You must be over the age of 19
- You must have a Full UK Driving licence
- You must have a passion for working with children
- You must have at least 2 years of experience in leading shifts
- You must be able to commit to 2-3 sleep-ins per week
- You must be flexible and understanding; the service is open all year round and you may be expected to go on holiday with the children and work over Christmas to make their memories special
- You must have completed a Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People or Health & Social Care
- You must have an expert understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Free DBS
- Quality robust training
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday pay
- Healthcare scheme
- Discounts in many high street shops
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee assistant programme