This is an exciting opportunity to join an already successful and expanding global manufacturing company in a completely new innovative role as their Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
Our client is embarking on a period of exciting change to significantly grow their business and consolidate their world-wide market leadership position. They are in the process of building a brand-new local assembly factory and it’s this company expansion that has led to the opportunity for this new position. This role would see the successful applicant being involved with the full product lifecycle, from selecting and developing the equipment and processes to managing the introduction into the new factory.
Our client is looking for somebody pro-active with the ability to work equally well independently and as part of a wider team, with the ability to build and maintain relationships across the organisation. It is imperative that you can create and communicate a vision for improvements whilst being able to complete all projects to a time limit. This is an opportunity for you to make your mark in the development of a brand-new facility.
The Job role will involve, though not limited to:
- Working with project teams to interpret product specifications and to design and implement processes for new products.
- Being responsible for refining the process and providing a safe working environment for all staff.
- Interpreting product specification and engineering requirements whilst working to a project time and a company budget.
- You will need to contribute to the company’s continuous improvement by driving the factory’s success.
- To design, specify and implement electrical and mechanical equipment for assembly and test processes. This will include taking into account best engineering practice, design for manufacturing/ testing, lean manufacturing, health and safety requirements, environmental requirements and product quality. With this it is essential you ensure remaining compliant with external regulatory bodies whilst also meeting internal requirements.
- Identifying new technologies and making recommendations to the production engineering team.
- Providing breakdown support and improving reliability of machines and equipment.
- Raising capital applications and managing project implementation plans.
To be successful in this role:
- It is essential that you have a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or similar
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role or environment and be proficient in manufacturing systems such as value stream mapping and lean manufacturing techniques with the ability to manage large projects
- You will be able to demonstrate the application of engineering expertise
- Excellent computer skills are essential
- Have experience of, or ability to learn ‘Solid Edge’ CAD package
- Have experience of, or ability to learn ‘LabVIEW’ software package
- Previous project management experience would be ideal
- Knowledge of Environmental and Health& Safety legislation
- Experience of quality control, statistics and capability stud would be desirable
- Being a member of a professional body such as IMeche would be a definite advantage for the role