This is an exciting opportunity to join an already successful and expanding global manufacturing company in a completely new innovative role as their Senior Manufacturing Engineer within their new wet paint plant. Our client is embarking on a period of exciting change to significantly grow their business and consolidate their world-wide market leadership position. They are in the process of building a brand-new local assembly factory and it’s this company expansion that has led to the opportunity for this new position.
Our client is in the process of replacing their current paint plant in order to apply a variety of paint finishes to their finished product. The role would see the successful applicant being responsible for the specification, installation and commissioning of the paint plant whilst ensuring that it meets the highest standards of safety, productivity and paint finish in a demanding lean and customer focused environment.
They are looking for somebody pro-active with the ability to work equally well independently and as part of a wider team, with the ability to build and maintain relationships across the organisation. It is imperative that you have experience of successfully managing large installation projects and you will ideally be experienced in the selection, implementation and running of a wet paint plant with good ideas to improve the manufacturing process. This is an opportunity for you to make your mark in the development of a brand-new facility.
The Job role will involve, though not limited to:
- To specify and install a wet paint plant capable of applying a variety of wet paint finishes whilst meeting health and safety requirements, environmental requirements and product quality. With this it is essential you ensure remaining compliant with external regulatory bodies whilst also meeting internal requirements.
- Once the paint plant is installed, the role will provide on-going technical support to ensure continued compliance and to make changes and improvements as required.
- You will oversee new products being brought into the factory as well as supporting contract suppliers.
- Ensure the plant can meet the necessary production requirements in terms of process time and necessities.
- The process should be sufficiently resilient to be always compliant to the required standards (now and in future) and flexible to respond to changes in demand.
- To ensure that painted product meets the necessary quality standards.
- To ensure that the plant meets the necessary safety standards with regards to emissions, storage and disposal of products.
- Propose and implement changes to meet fluctuations in specification or standards.
To be successful in this role:
- It is essential that you have a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or similar
- You will have proven experience in the selection, implementation and running of a wet paint plant.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a lean process environment
- Have a thorough understanding of paint test procedures and quality maintenance procedures
- Have an excellent understanding of the requirements of ISO9001, ISO14001 and paint compliance standards
- Previous project management experience would be ideal
- Knowledge of Environmental and Health& Safety legislation
- Experience of quality control, statistics and capability study would be desirable
- Being a member of a professional body such as IMeche would be a definite advantage for the role