24-7 Staffing Ltd are proud to be working in partnership with MJ Church who are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their ever-expanding work force on a permanent basis.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a successful, civil engineering family run business that has been operating on a large scale for over 30 years.
The Company is focused on providing a quality of service to the highest professional standards, placing great emphasis on building strong, trusting and long-lasting relationships with their clients. With a large proportion their business stemming from repeat enquiries from satisfied clients; they only look to continue to grow and expand in this manner.
It is as a result to this sustained growth that they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join and strengthen their already thriving team.
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or similar with a minimum of 5 years commercial experience with knowledge and appreciation of relevant sector
Your duties will include, though not limited to:
- Leading and developing the efficient and effective management and issuing of accurate, timely and compliant notices and correspondence.
- Ensuring that contractual and commercial risks and opportunities are identified to the Project Manager
- Maintaining registers of variations, delay, extension times and claims, effective and consistent implementation of the Company’s commercial policies and procedures.
- To assist with the preparation of monthly progress valuations and claim for work completed.
- Liaising with Employers commercial team& client team.
- Producing pre-Contract tender negotiations & reports where necessary.
- Producing monthly cost reports, forecasts and Contract Budget reports.
- Reviewing value management and advise on Risk Management.
- Preparing, reviewing and completing subcontract documentation.
- To plan change management and cost control.
- Preparing and agreeing interim applications for payment.
- Preparing and agreeing final accounts with sub-contractor.
- To manage subcontractors from initial placement of order to final account.
- To monitor and update Procurement Plan and Sub-contract procurement including analysing commercial comparisons.
- Producing requisition and award letters.
- Reconciling weekly plant, material, labour reconciliation against budget.
- To be the person in charge of monitoring the main contract – including assisting with and producing Change Reports, Value Change Report Forms Main Contract, monitoring allocation changes