We have a fantastic opportunity for a Shield Fitting operative based in Andover. Our client is a small multi-cultural environment of about 40 people, they are one of the leading manufacturers in the world of personal ballistic and fragmentation protection and equipment which they provide to suppliers such as the Police/SAS and the military.
- As a shield fitter, this role has a lot of attention to detail and is very hands on.
- Full training will be provided.
- There is a lot to this role as you follow the entire process of start to finish of the making of the shields.
- As a Shield fitting operative, you design the shields to each order.
- There are several diverse types of shields therefore each day could be different with regards to the making of the shields.
- Process = Gluing the rim around the shield, fixing nuts and bolts to the shield depending on the specific order, all shields are made different as per order and therefore you fit the shield to the specified order.
- Keen individual who is willing to learn.
- Physically fit as you will be on your feet all day.
- Happy to work individually and as a team.
- Able to work under instruction.
- Great attention to detail.
- Be flexible as hours will be subject to change after 13 weeks of employment. Mainly being a 6-day shift pattern of hours being 7am to 7pm.
- 13 Weeks Temp to Perm.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- £7.50ph raising to £8ph after completion of 13 weeks.
- Paid on a weekly basis.
- Overtime available after 13 weeks of employment.
- Annual appraisals.
- Team building days/nights out.
- Hours of work are generally Monday to Friday 07:00 – 16:00 (15:00 finish on a Friday)