Are you a HGV Class 1 driver who enjoys the open road and country side, working alone and using your own initiative to play an important part in the waste water recycling process?
Wessex Water are a company committed to becoming a truly sustainable business. They aim to continue to provide their customers with high quality products and services in ways that enhance the region's environment. Their environmental policy sets out their aims and how they will achieve them. They aim to reduce emissions to levels at which adverse impacts on the environment are avoided and take water and other resources from the environment at a level that is in balance with the expected rate of regeneration.
This is where you come in.
- As a HGV Class 1 driver you will be responsible for transporting and delivering sludge from various locations throughout the South West which includes the safe loading and unloading (Full training will be offered)
- To work in a safe manner and to follow company policy and procedures for Health and Safety, security and accident prevention at all times.
- To use hand held PDA scanner (Full training will be offered)
- To be compliant with local legislative requirements & customer policies and procedures.
- To understand and comply with current EU driver's hours and regulations along with the working time directive.
- To have a willingness to drive both HGV Class 1 and 2 vehicles due to the access points at some sites.
To be successful within this role you will need:
- To be flexible and have a positive attitude towards the job - with a 24 hour operational need there is a requirement for days, nights and some weekends to be worked (speak to us about your own availability)
- To work within a physically demanding environment.
- To be interested in learning new skills as a sludge collection driver.
- To hold a digital tachograph and be up to date with your driver's CPC. For insurance purposes we require that you have held your HGV Class 1 Category on your licence for more than two years.
There are also a number of opportunities to work from Avonmouth (Bristol) Chilton Trinity (Bridgwater) Trowbridge, Poole and Yeovil.
Benefits / Rewards:
- We offer a full PAYE package.
- Up to 28 days paid holiday.
- Company pension scheme.
- Performance related commission (after 3 months)
- Ongoing training and support.
- Uncapped paid referral scheme.
- Uniform provided.
- Other company rewards and schemes throughout the year.
For more information about this role please call the following number or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org