We're looking for a talented Sludge Tanker Scheduler to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of effective planning, man management and record keeping.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Reporting to the Sludge Manager and based in the company's Trowbridge office, as the Sludge Tanker Scheduler you will be primarily responsible for scheduling the fleet of tankers as they move sewage sludge from origin sites and take it to treatment sites for processing. You will also be responsible for motivating Tanker Drivers with clear and concise communication and effective management.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Generating a weekly schedule fulfilling operations and supply requirements
- Answering telephone and email requests
- Sourcing external contractors when required
- Day to day management of driver holidays, change of shifts and daily loads
- Processing external tankering invoices
The standard working hours for this position are 40 hours per week, generally 07:30-16:00 Monday to Friday.
The ideal candidate for this Sludge Tanker Scheduler role will have relevant experience of effective planning, man management and record keeping. You'll also need experience of computer literacy including Microsoft Excel and outlook.
In addition, it's essential that you possess the following:
- Previous experience in a transport logistics role
- Knowledge of sewage treat process
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- A good geographical knowledge of the south west and south coast
- A flexible approach to problem solving
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Transport Planner, Route Planner or as a Transport Scheduler.
Basic salary: Up to £12.00 per hour for the ideal candidate
Additional benefits include:
- Weekly pay
- Free parking
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
They are one of the country's leading utility providers who pride themselves on the services they offer to customers, and as a business they've been around since 1989.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Are a friendly team
- Feel like a valued member of the team
- Take care of their employees
- Enjoy the interesting nature of the company
Interested? If you think you're right for this Sludge Tanker Scheduler role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.