Our client, a blue-chip multinational company are looking for an experienced and proficient Test Engineer to join their engineering department on a permanent basis. The role will be based at their Chippenham premises.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 8.00am - 4.00pm Friday hours are 8.00am - 3.30pm.
Could this be a position for you?
Job Role / Specification:
- Supporting test processes for high power semiconductor products.
- Ensuring the smooth flow of product through the area.
- Investigating test machine process issues.
- Supporting and maintaining access databases.
- Using Process Improvement techniques, such as DMAIC, to ensure high yields are maintained.
- Identifying and evaluating new manufacturing techniques that align with the company goals.
- Degree qualified or equivalent technical experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in test engineering.
- Experience working on test equipment.
- Experience in yield analysis and formulating yield improvement plans.
- Ability to juggle own work priorities.
- Have previous experience in a quality improvement role.
- Experience of Lean or Six Sigma.
- Implementation of continuous improvement methods.
- Must have good communication skills and able to liaise with various internal departments and with suppliers.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis techniques Computer literate, proficient with a wide range of software packages.