|Job Published:||8 days ago|
|Job Published:||8 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Escape Systems Technician (Trainee)
REPORTING TO: Production Manager
Working as part of the highly skilled Survival Equipment Team, the Trainee Engineer will be responsible for undertaking inspection & scheduled maintenance work, repair and testing of a wide range of personal survival equipment/aircraft safety equipment. The position will be fully supported with in-house and external training in Survival Equipment.
In a specialist hands-on role, you will have the opportunity to work with all aspects of the business servicing & maintaining lifesaving equipment and components such as ejection seats, parachutes, liferafts, lifejackets and aircrew equipment and for both the military and civilian sectors. This will take place at scheduled intervals to approved requirements and industry standards.
As a trainee, you will be given comprehensive training and the opportunity to study and equip yourself with all the skills you need. The is ideal for someone with a practical mind and the willingness to learn. If you like fixing problems and are passionate about customer service and working to tight deadlines, then this is a great opportunity to develop a new range of skills in mechanical and electrical principles and offers an interesting career ahead.
You will be:
• Developing wide-ranging fundamentals in engineering
• Working with a safe selection and use of mechanical tools
• Reading & interpreting engineering data & drawings
• Survival equipment function checks & fault diagnosis
• Understand the importance of operating procedures for survival equipment
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Generating and maintaining high standards of workmanship using trade skills in accordance with the Quality Assurance requirements of the Company’s Quality
1.Servicing & maintaining survival equipment to company/OEM manuals & guidelines.
2. Performing scheduled maintenance and safety policies on all aspects of the escape system.
3. Disassembly, testing & fault finding of survival equipment/escape systems.
4. Repair & replacement of components.
5. Performing operational and functional tests of equipment.
No previous experience is necessary with Survival Equipment, however, a willingness to learn coupled with an interest in practical applications and aviation would be advantageous. A previous history within an engineering environment is essential with at least 2-3 years’ work experience.
GCSE standard of education.
• An interest in working in an engineering capacity.
• Responsible team player; able to work and interact within the team and independently.
• Highly organised with a methodical approach to your work
• Adaptable and acceptance of change
• Safety conscious
• Good attention to detail
• Strong & committed work ethic
• Service orientated & safety-minded approach
Work Status & Location
Permanent Full time: 38 Hours per week, Monday-Thursday 0800-18.00. (No Friday’s) This position will be based in Tetbury, Gloucestershire.
From time to time you may be required to work from alternative sites in the UK and overseas.
Competitive starting salary offered for the right candidate: £18,000 to £22,000 per annum
(depending on experience).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
TRAINEE ESCAPE SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN