24-7 Staffing are seeking an experienced Fabricator/Welder (MIG & TIG) to repair and fabricate materials out of mild steel and stainless steel to produce ground support components to drawings/specifications.
Ability to fabricate structures to tight tolerances. Ability to fabricate precision frames to exact drawing tolerances. Ability to hold final required cosmetic finish with angle grinders and sanders. Current welding qualifications to BS EN 9606 would be an advantage.
- TIG and MIG steel and stainless steel using a variety of processes.
- Square up and weld various geometries of components.
- Understand various weld form symbols on customer drawings and understand size of fillet forms.
- Understand various edge preps before welding.
- Good understanding of set up techniques.
- Work in conjunction with drawings and planning provided.
- To maintain shop, equipment, tools etc for ensuring the availability and functioning of required items and ensuring safety.
- To assist other engineers to support the completion of their work activities.
- Meet agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- To request equipment and supplies from Manager to maintain inventory, to ensure the availability of items required.
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fully skilled time served engineer with fabricating and welding experience with mig and tig essential.
- Must supply own hand tools for daily tasks.
- Experienced in either in a production environment.
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and written/verbal instructions;
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment
- Can demonstrate effective verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach.
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Eligible to work in UK
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the company.
- Hourly Rate: £13.84 per hour
- 37.5 hours a week – Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4.00pm. Friday 7.30am to 1.00pm (no lunchbreak). 37.5 hours per week.
- Start date: ASAP.
- Holidays: 22 per year + 3 days Christmas shutdown and all Bank Holidays.
- Pension: Company will match 3% contribution into a stakeholder pension scheme.
- Death in Service Scheme: Twice annual salary.
- PPE, overalls and safety footwear: Provided free of charge (including cleaning of overalls).
- Parking: Free onsite parking.
If you are interested in this role then the first stage is to send us your CV online. This role has an immediate start for the right person.
For more information about this role please call 01249 447247 or forward your cv to email@example.com